Friday, April 23, 2010

Back to blogging...

I have just completed an extremely exhilarating project that was supposed to be a quick 6 week testing assignment for 6 people. It ended up lasting a year and at its peak, the project test team was at 19. On this project I was able to really get my hands dirty and do a lot of testing myself. Something which I hadn't done for awhile. I had almost forgotten just how much I love it. The thrill of finding juicy bugs and coming up with new and exciting ways to break something. It was great to put into practice some of the things I learned on the BBST Bug Advocacy course and also to refine my approach to Session based testing.

Although the project implementation was the hardest I have worked in a long time (and possibly the most stressful implementation I have ever been on) I learned a lot and am really grateful for the experience. The project also presented the opportunity to work with a fantastic bunch of people. I felt like I truly collaborated with the developers on the project. We formed a great team and it was a pleasure to work with such professional and dedicated people.

And now its time to move on to new things... and some old... and I am looking forward to hopefully having a bit more time for research and blogging and mentoring. Before I start the new project however, I am off to an extremely exciting course in Albuquerque, New Mexico - PSL I first heard about PSL from my CAST buddies. A couple of them attended last year and could not say enough about it, so I decided I had to see for myself. I am looking forward to learning and growing from the experience. Hopefully I can bring that back into the next project and use the skills to cope with whatever new challenges come my way. I'll be blogging about it as soon as I am back....




1 comment:

Johann said...

Glad you are back! Hope you enjoy the course.